Hi there, I'm Riley!
Currently, I conduct machine learning and data science research for healthcare at the Clinical Research Informatics Core of Penn Medicine. I graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 2017 in computer science.
- built a data preprocessing pipeline from scratch for natural language processing and machine learning at Textio, currently being used in production on hundreds of millions of text documents.
- co-directed Hack4Impact, a 501c3 nonprofit that builds open-source software in partnership with social good organizations.
- developed open-source software for social good through Hack4Impact, was Tech Lead for projects with the ACLU and the Berkman Klein Center at Harvard.
- developed full-stack web features as a software engineering intern and hackNY fellow at edtech startup Skillshare.
Beyond that, I:
- founded and manage an online community for queer and/or trans people of color in tech -- please contact me if you would like to be added! :-)
- spearheaded and facilitated the first state town hall in Pennsylvania to uplift the voices of the queer and Asian community, backed by the Governor’s Commission on Asian American Affairs.
I'm passionate about machine learning, natural language processing, social impact, music, and art. My pronouns are they/them.